Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Now for something slightly different.

I spent a good bit of today trying to make my first video. Got through it only to realize that I probably can't use it... so there's that. Live and learn, eh? It's progress, at least, and I'm feeling a lot more confident about eventually posting tutorial videos.

So as not to waste my work, and as not to waste the light outside aaand because I'm trying to be good about posting weekly... Here's the look I did for it. Jaclyn Hill's natural makeup tutorial was lot of the inspiration for this, so if you want to know how I did it, she does have a very good video on a look very similar to this.





The idea was to have a very natural, almost "glowing" look. Not necessarily a quick look to do, but one that ideally will have people saying "Wow, you look so good without makeup!" 

Though my seemingly-bright lipstick doesn't really help with that. Regardless, I'm likin' how this foundation applies and photographs... Kinda glad I impulse bought it after all. I've done two more dramatic looks so far, but generally I either wear no makeup or something more like this in daily life. It's kind of because I'm stuck in the retail doldrums, but also because I went through a period where I felt weird wearing any makeup at all - and I'm still trying to break out of that.

By the way... it's no-buy July for me. No new makeup products unless I use up something.

As usual, products:

Face:
-Same old Smashbox primer sample
-NARS Crystallized powder
-Naked Skin foundation in shade 2.0
-Tarte Park Avenue Princess bronzer
-Nyx blush in Peach
-Maybelline Dream Lumi 

Eyes:
-Urban Decay Eye Primer
-Urban Decay Naked Palette
-Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
-Nyx Dewy Finish setting spray
-Anastasia Dipbrow in Chocolate
-Covergirl clump crusher mascara... which is not as cool as everyone said it was.

Brows:
-Dipbrow in Chocolate. Come on. I'm predictable.

Lips:
-Bite Beauty in Rhubarb

STAY TUNED FOLKS. Videos are comin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment