Thursday, June 26, 2014

Every day is Halloween.

I had a goth phase when I was younger.


Truth is, I can't say that phase ever really went away. I still love my black lipstick and spooky eyeliner.


What can I say? It makes me happy.

Eyes are BH 1st edition 120 palette + Urban Decay's Crave from the Naked Basics palette, with UD Primer Potion and Nyx jumbo eye pencil in Milk. Eyeliner is Maybelline gel something or other in blackest black + a bit of UD Ink for Eyes in Perversion. Some Maybelline mascara, a pair of Ardell's "Edgy" line of lashes (that I can't decide if I like or not) for the rest.

Face is Smashbox photo finish primer, Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+ foundation in 20, some random Maybelline FIT blush in Light Rose. Brows are the ever-trusty Anastasia Dipbrow in Chocolate, and the lipstick is a combination of a Nyx lipliner in Black Berry, Nyx's Mega Shine lipgloss in clear, and Melt Cosmetics in Bane. 

Of the two that I have, Melt's lipsticks tend to be very matte, and also really dry. The lip gloss gives it that nice shiny look that I love so much in a black lipstick, as well as making the lipstick a bit more workable and a bit more comfortable. Also, I want to let the world know how excited I was when I found that black lipliner. Because. Come on. BLACK LIPLINER. I found this particular one at a little mom n pop beauty store near me, and figured that it was discontinued and something I'd likely never see again. However, a quick check of Nyx's website shows that it's still available. This pleases me greatly.

2 comments: